الخميس، 21 يونيو 2018

Anne Frank: Diary Of A Young Girl



#Diary Of A Young Girl





Diary of a young girl, Anne Frank







This book was on my Ramadan's reading schedule, I finished reading it exactly in the last day of this blessed month and that took me one week , it was a long trip for me as a fast reader. I don't know if it really worth this long period of time, but one thing I'm sure about it is that each book opens a locked window to you in this mysterious world and every book is akin to a loyal friend; he will probabl bring you more experiences, new thoughts and even shares with you his happiness and sorrow.

Reading this book was like climbing a rocky mountain for me; it was challenging, tiring, dreary and amusing alike. I was patiently waiting to reach the gist of the story, this kind of books teachs me how to be more focused, calm and patient because if I decide to stop reading the boring book after few pages I will certainly feel a pang of conscience and that's more awful than carrying on reading this kind of books 😣.

The book consits of a diary written by a young Jewish girl called Anne Frank, she confided some of her life's moments whith her  family in a hidding in Amsterdam warehouse during the war and the arrival of German to Holland. Anne kept a diary from June 12, 1942 to August 1, 1994. After her death, Anne's father was bound to publish her diary because it was one of her ambitions; to be heard, independent and a future writer.

I will give my impartial opinion briefly. Well, my hopes was too intense for this book, let's start with Anna's character; she is only 13 years old, she is brave, bold and she has an increadible rebellion spirit, however what I noticed during my reading that Anne's personality consists of a boundle of contradictions and she has several contrary traits; she is smart, idiot, mature, silly, confident, weak, peculiar, plain, spunky and coward.....

During the two years Anne's family has spent in the secret annex, they could not cope whith their new conditions or endure the burden of being unsafe and stressed because they passed through many ordeals and difficult woes.
Despite of the heaps of things that have happened this jewish family you can barely tackle the progress of the story because there is no remarkable changes or an intense development in their life in the warehouse. The book was packed with trivials and random thoughts; Anne kept coming back to the dull routine and kept sharing her same typical adolescent problems and activities for the umpteenth time till I got bored from the whole book. However, in some parts I felt like the real writer was older than 13 years old; it was clearly that this diary passed by a huge editing phase.

What I liked mostly about this book was the delightful expression and the smart sarcastic character of Anne Frank and her ability of writing her journal under that uncomfortable situation.





لديك سؤال؟ دعنا نساعدك بالاتصال بنا عبر صفحة خدمات